Dear ACEPT Community:
The ACEPT Executive Committee hopes that your new training year is off to a good start! We have a few important announcements to make.
It is the time of the year to submit your annual ACEPT membership dues. Membership renewal will begin on the ACEPT Website https://aceptchicago.org/acept-membership/ on Saturday, October 1st, 2022. ACEPT dues can be paid online via PayPal. The deadline for membership registration and dues is October 31st, 2022.
- After you complete the online membership registration you will also receive a confirmation email with an attached Welcome Letter which serves as your receipt.
- There is also a Members Only Portal accessible on the website to maximize your benefits as an ACEPT member. The portal includes bylaws, meeting minutes, a list of ACEPT members, and specialized supervision and training articles and book chapters.
- Please reach out to email@example.com if you have any questions regarding your membership and dues.
Universal Site Information Form:
The Universal Site Information Form is used to identify training sites, contact information, and details of open practicum position for the ACEPT application process each year.
- Based on feedback, we have made the following updates to the form from the previous year:
- Added a section for sites to indicate whether there have been changes to the information on the form from the previous year.
- Changed the larger boxes to “multiline” entry. If you hit “enter” you will be able to add lines to the typed area.
- We welcome additional feedback so we can continue to improve the form to make it as user-friendly as possible. You can send any feedback to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please fill out the information on the form and send it to the academic programs from whom you wish to receive applications for the 2023-2024 practicum search.
- The updated Universal Site Information Form is attached to this email, accessible via this link - ACEPT Universal Site Information Form.
ACEPT Practicum Guidelines:
The Guidelines Committee has finalized the Practicum Notification Guidelines and Dates for the 2023-2024 training year. They are as follows:
- Students may begin submitting practicum applications: Friday, January 27, 2023
- Students must have applications to sites: Friday, February 10, 2023
- Date by which sites must inform applicants of interview status: Monday, March 6, 2023
- Pre-Notification Day: Friday, March 24th, 2023
- Notification Day: Monday, March 27, 2023
- The Clearinghouse process begins: Wednesday, March 29, 2023
Thanks to the Guidelines Committee for their efforts on this!
Virtual Practicum Fair:
The Annual Practicum Fair will be Virtual again this year. The Virtual fair has been successful the past two years, and we will utilize a similar format this year. Due to the number of time slots available, the Virtual Practicum Fair will once again only be open to ACEPT members.
- The Practicum Fair will be held Thursday, December 1st and Friday, December 2nd.
- Time slots for sites will be scheduled from 9:00am-3:00pm on Thursday, December 1st and from 9:00am-1:00pm on Friday, December 2nd.
- The ACEPT Executive Committee is planning to hold a CE Presentation on Friday, December 2nd from 1:00pm-3:00pm.
- Registration information will be sent to the community by mid-October.
Open Externship Positions:
The ACEPT website contains will soon contain a page for open externship positions.
- If you have site openings please send information to email@example.com, in either a word document or pdf with the formatting and language you would like posted. ACEPT will not make formatting or content changes, so be sure to send them in the format you prefer. Open positions will be updated at the beginning of each month, so if you would like your position to remain posted, please send it each month.
Open Postdoctoral Job Postings:
ACEPT will continue to post open Postdoctoral job postings to our website for members. They will be posted on the website on the 1st of each month.
- Please send your posting to firstname.lastname@example.org in either a word document or pdf with the formatting and language you would like posted. ACEPT will not make formatting or content changes to the job descriptions, so be sure to send them in the format you prefer. If you would like your posting posted each month, please send it again so that we can post it again the next month. Also please note that this is a page for postdoc positions only, given that these are training positions, thus we will not be posting staff positions on this page.
Save the Date! The next ACEPT General Meeting is 11/4/2022:
The meeting will be held virtually from 12:00pm - 1:00pm on Friday November 4th. Thanks to the work of the Professional Development Committee, ACEPT is also planning to host a CE Presentation by attorney Scott D. Hammer about risk management tips for mental health training professionals from 1:00pm-3:00pm on Friday, November 4th. Keep your eye out for further details, RSVP/Registration information, and meeting links that will be sent in the coming weeks.
We hope to continue supporting the ACEPT community and wish you another successful training year!
ACEPT Executive Committee