ACEPT Membership Registration Reminder and Guidelines Update
Dear ACEPT Community,
The ACEPT Executive Committee hopes that your new training year is off to a good start! We have a few important announcements to make.
It is the time of the year to submit your annual ACEPT membership dues. Membership renewal takes place on the ACEPT Website https://aceptchicago.org/
Please remember to complete your ACEPT Membership renewal and submit your dues before October 20th, 2023.
- After you complete the online membership registration you will also receive a confirmation email with an attached Welcome Letter which serves as your receipt.
- There is also a Members Only Portal accessible on the website to maximize your benefits as an ACEPT member. The portal includes bylaws, meeting minutes, a list of ACEPT members, and specialized supervision and training articles and book chapters.
- You can reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions regarding your membership and dues.
Universal ACEPT Site Information Form
The Universal Site Information Form is used to identify sites, contact information, and open positions for the ACEPT application process each year. The updated Universal ACEPT Site Information Form will be available to download on the ACEPT website early Oct. 2023 to be used for the 2023-2024 practicum search.
ACEPT Practicum Guidelines:
The Guidelines Committee has finalized the Practicum Notification Guidelines and Dates for the 2023-2024 training year. They are as follows:
- Students may begin submitting practicum applications: Friday, January 26, 2024
- Students must have applications to sites by: Friday, February 9, 2024
- Date sites inform applicants if they will be interviewed: Monday, March 1, 2024
- Pre-Notification Day: Friday, March 15, 2024
- Notification Day: Monday, March 18, 2024
- The Clearinghouse process will begin on: Wednesday, March 20, 2024
Thanks to the Guidelines Committee for their efforts on this!
Virtual Practicum Fair:
The Annual Practicum Fair will be Virtual again this year. The Virtual fair has been successful the past two years, and we will utilize a similar format this year. Due to the number of time slots available, the Virtual Practicum Fair will once again only be open to ACEPT members
- The Practicum Fair will be held Thursday, November 30th and Friday, December 1st.
- Time slots for sites will be scheduled from 9:00am-3:00pm on Thursday, December 1st and from 9:00am-1:00pm on Friday, December 2nd.
- The ACEPT Executive Committee is planning to hold a CE Presentation on Friday, December 2nd from 1:00pm-3:00pm.
- Registration information will be sent to the community by mid-October.
Open ACEPT EC Positions:
The ACEPT EC has an opening for the Professional Development Chair who works to secure speakers and coordinates the CEs. If interested, please contact ACEPT for more information.
Open Externship Positions:
The ACEPT website contains page for open externship positions for the current training year.
- If you have site openings please send information to email@example.com, in either a word document or pdf with the formatting and language you would like posted. ACEPT will not make formatting or content changes, so be sure to send them in the format you prefer. Open positions will be updated at the beginning of each month, so if you would like your position to remain posted, please send it each month.
Open Postdoctoral Job Postings:
ACEPT will continue to post open Postdoctoral job postings to our website for members. They will be posted on the website on the 1st of each month.
- Please send your posting to firstname.lastname@example.org in either a word document or pdf with the formatting and language you would like posted. ACEPT will not make formatting or content changes to the job descriptions, so be sure to send them in the format you prefer. If you would like your posting posted each month, please send it again so that we can post it again the next month. Also please note that this is a page for postdoc positions only, given that these are training positions, thus we will not be posting staff positions on this page.
Our quarterly meetings for the year are currently scheduled to be held:
- ACEPT General Meeting 11/3/2023 (In Person with virtual option - location National Louis University 18 S. Michigan Campus)
- Practicum Fair - November 30th & December 1st, 2023 (Virtual)
- ACEPT General Meeting 2/2/2024 (Virtual)
- ACEPT Conference and General Meeting May 2024 (date TBD with in Person and virtual options)